novi načini korištenja Timola u borbi protiv varoe

tehnologija pčelarenja, seljenje

novi načini korištenja Timola u borbi protiv varoe

Postby saperica » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:34 pm

nabasao sam neke interesantne informacije u vezi Timola i njegovog korištenja u borbi protiv Varooe Destructor. naime, ima par načina tretiranja jedan je dimljenjem a drugi je izradom pamučnih traka koje su natopljene u mješavinu Timola i drugih sastojaka.
prenosim u orginalu recepte od dr. Pedra Rodrigueza (američkog veterinara i istraživača te pčelara praktičara)

1000cc FGMO.
Remove 100cc into sealable Mason jar.
Add 50 grams thymol crystals to reserved 100cc FGMO.
Seal jar.
Place pot with water on burner.
Place jar with FGMO/Thymol in water bath.
Slowly heat water and swirl mixture to dissolve crystals.
When crystals are dissolved completely Solution may change color to amber.
Add the remaining 900cc of FGMO and mix.
Mixture is now ready for the fogger.
Store tightly covered in the Mason jar.
Store in a cool dry place.
Use only 3 to 4 trigger squeezes per hive as needed for Varroa control

From
Dr. Pedro Rodreguz.
FGMO

My Conversions. I do use a re-loaders powder scale for measuring.
1000cc = 4.227 Cup liquid measure 100cc = .42 Cup
= 1.056 Quart liquid measure = .106 Quart
= 2.11 Pint liquid measure = .211 Pint
= 33.81 Ounces liquid measure = 3.38 Ounces
= 1000ml

Thymol
50 Grams = 771.618 Grains dry measure
1.76 Ounces dry measure
FGMO-THYMOL FORMULA FOR CORDS AND BURGESS FOGGER
(Do not use thymol in your formula with honey supers on)
The purpose of the FGMO-Thymol for these formulae is to obtain a concentration of thymol no higher than 5.49% thymol for the fogger and 2.53% thymol for the emulsion soaked cords.
Emulsion soaked cords
1000 cc mineral oil @ 0.86 density
(*) (860 grams (30.34 oz.))
100 grams (3.53 oz.) thymol
1000 grams honey (2-1/4 pounds)
1000 grams beeswax (2-1/4 pounds)
100 pieces of cotton cord (40 inches long each)
Add the weight of the ingredients without the cords
Divide into 100 grams thymol

Thus:
100 = 2.53 % thymol
3960 total weight

Fogger
1000 cc mineral oil @ 0.86 density
(*) (860 grams (30.34 oz.))
50 grams (1.76 oz.) thymol
Add the weight of above
Divide into 50 grams thymol

Thus:
50 = 5.49 % thymol
910 total weight

(*) 1000 cc of FGMO of 0.86 density weighs 860 grams
Remove 100 cc FGMO from 1000 cc to dilute thymol. See instructions below.

Instructions for diluting thymol
These instructions replace previous instructions for dilution of thymol with alcohol. Even though alcohol utilized for dilution of the thymol evaporates readily, I wish to dismiss potential offenses to millions of brothers in faith who oppose use of alcohol. The new formulae are not only more cost-effective and not offensive to non-alcohol consumers, but also easier to prepare minimizing the risk of adding a flammable agent to the formula.

Instructions for making dilution for the fogger
Remove 100 cc FGMO from the 1000 cc intended for mixture. Place 100 cc FGMO in a mason jar. Add 50 grams thymol for fogger and 100 grams for emulsion cords, and secure cup tightly. Place a metal container filled with water (e.g. cooking ware) on a heat source. Place glass jar with the 100 cc FGMO and thymol in the water of the heating vessel. Swish/swirl jar as the water heats up until thymol dissolves completely. Solution will become slightly amber in color (normal change). The solution is now ready to add to the rest of the FGMO intended for use in the fogger or the cords.

Instructions for making FGMO-thymol emulsion
Place 900 cc FGMO in a metal or ceramic container and place container over a heat source. Allow oil to heat. Add 1000 grams (2-1/4 pounds) beeswax and stir well until wax is totally melted. Remove container from heat source. Add 1000 grams (2-1/4 pounds honey) and stir well until it blends into wax-FGMO mixture. Add 100 cc FGMO-thymol mixture previously diluted as per instructions above. Add cords immediately and stir until they are well soaked with the solution. Pack cords in a tightly sealed container and store in a cool place. Your emulsion-soaked cords will be ready to use as soon as the emulsion cools.

Instructions for making FGMO-thymol mixture for fogger
Add 100 cc FGMO-thymol mixture (obtained as per instructions above for diluting thymol) to 900 cc FGMO (remainder of the 1000 cc needed) and shake well. This will result in a 5.49 % FGMO-thymol solution. Fill your fogger container. You are now ready to fog. Set fogger on a level, steady surface. Turn gas valve to the left 1/4 turn. Listen for a slight hissing sound from your fogger. Light your fogger from underneath (I recommend using a butane stove lighter for this purpose). Wait. You should notice a drop or two of oil dripping from the spout of the fogger. Next, you should notice a small emission of oil mist similar to that of a lit cigarette. Next, the fogger will emit a larger puff of oil mist. The fogger is now ready for fogging. Holding the fogger parallel to the ground, point the nozzle directly at your hive entrance. DO NOT AIM THE FOGGER DOWNWARD! Place a tray or shield below the hive if you use screen-bottom boards to direct flow of mist into the hive. Pull the trigger of the fogger 3-4 times, while you count 1001, 1002, 1003, and 1004, depending on the population size of your hives. When fogging, please wear a respirator for safety reasons. Never add any other ingredient to your fogger when following this procedure. Do not use foggers that may have been used for spraying pesticides previously. Residues from the insecticide may have remained imbedded in the container. These residues would then be transferred to your FGMO-thymol solution and result in probable bee kills.

NAPOMENA: FOGGER je DIMNI TOP za Varou; FGMO je Food Grade Mineral Oil

i oko rezidua malo informacija:
Dear friends.
Soooooory about my caution remark about honey supers.
This is being disclaimed via a letter to the Editor, ABJ Magazine, Apri 2004 issue.
I was being careful until I were to receive laboratory residue tests. Gas chromatogphy residue tests for thymol were performed in honey and bees wax (combs) from hives treated with thymol for three consecutive years and the tests results were NEGATIVE for thymol residues.
Yes, you may use thymol with honey supers as per the laboratory residue testing.
And, no there is no evidence of thymol aroma (smell) being left in the hive after use.
Thymol evaporates quickly without leaving odors in the environment of the hive.
I hope this post clarifies this subject.
Best regards and God bless.
Dr. Rodriguez

nekoliko linkova: iz Novog Zelanda http://www.whangareibeeclub.co.nz/sites ... fogger.pdf
amerike: http://mysare.sare.org/mySARE/ProjectRe ... y=2011&t=1
također sve je u ovom pdf-u skupa s uradi sam klopkom za malu košničnu bubu: http://nebula.wsimg.com/250961175740939 ... oworigin=1

nadam se da će biti ugodno za razmišljati kroz zimu

lijep pozdrav i medno
saša
Attachments
Rope-treatment-for-varroa.jpg
pamučni konop natopljen smjesom timola i ostalih sastojaka
Rope-treatment-for-varroa.jpg (209.84 KiB) Viewed 19258 times
saperica

Re: novi načini korištenja Timola u borbi protiv varoe

Postby nenad m » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:03 am

Sviđa mi se članak samo imam prevoditelja da je to jedan užas.Nisam više siguran da je prijevod razumljiv možeš malo ti prevesti bio bi ti zahvalan.
nenad m

Return to Njega pčelinjih društava tijekom godine